Thursday, December 7, 2017

From Cain to Lily: He Deserves to Be






This is my Rewrite of The Young and the Restless moment when Lily's blood donation saved Cain's baby's life.  This baby came into being as the result of a drunken one-night stand.  The mother died in childbirth and the baby was dangerously premature.  Lily not only named the baby.  She saved his life.


(I just woke up this morning, and this was on my mind.  So, here it is.)






From Cain to Lily:  He Deserves to Be


Though he reminds everyone (and me)
Of how woefully flawed I am,

He's not my mistake.
He's my son.

He deserves to be.

I can't pray for him to die
Just to make life easier for me.

He's a tiny life
And he deserves to be.

I can't ask you to love him
Or to forgive me,

But it's not his fault.
He deserves to be.

He didn't ask to be here.
But, now he stays.

He'll be more than us.
He deserves to be.

I thank God for you.
For you looked past me.

You gave him the part of you
That allowed him to live.

He is stronger now.
He deserves to be.

The love you gave
To my son (and me)

Has done the impossible...
You made life easier for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natural Ways to Increase Dopamine

With the high rates of anxiety and depression in America and in the world at large, it is clear that DOPAMINE is a precious and ever ...